The Stem Cell FUE technique is the latest innovation in the world off hair transplantation and is considered to be the most effective method of hair regrowth and regeneration.
It is called Stem Cell FUE Hair Transplant because it is an advancement in the method of hair transplantation that is FUE.
- Step 1: The first step is after the surgeon has examined the patient’s scalp for the last and final time, the donor area is market and prepared for shaving.
- Step 2: As the donor area is shaved, the surgeon administers local anesthesia to the donor area in order to prevent the patient from feeling any kind of pain or discomfort throughout the procedure
- Step 3: Next, during the extraction of follicular units, a certain distance I maintained while extracting them. This means that a few grafts are left in place at the time. As the name states, stem cells that are present naturally on the scalp and hair follicles have the ability to divide and reproduce if they remain intact. This is why few grafts are left at their place.
- Step 4: The next steps are almost the same as all other transplant procedures. These grafts are kept and preserved in a saline solution until the recipient area is prepared so that they can survive
- Step 5: The surgeon now marks the hairline with an eyebrow pencil according to the patient’s desire and facial anatomy
- Step 6: Now small incisions are made into the recipient area with the help of a small needle tool. Of course, again local anesthesia is administered to the scalp, this time on the recipient area before making the incisions
- Step 7: Afterwards, the extracted grafts are taken and inserted into the incisions individually keeping in mind the natural look, density and direction of the hair on the patient
This marks the end of the procedure and the surgeon now provides detailed instructions to the patient regarding post op care. Since this procedure does not include any type of stiches or scarring, the patient is more likely to recover within 3 to 4 days and can proceed to everyday activities soon.
However, the hair regrowth process starts after at least 2 to 3 months when the transplanted hairs take root and finally start growing normally. It is very important to take special care of the recipient area during the early stages of recovery. As the newly transplanted hairs are very sensitive and need time and space to settle and grow.
The basic difference between Stem Cell FUE hair transplant procedure and others is in the extraction procedure which assures a quicker hair regrowth on the donor area and no scarring making it hardly visible to recognize that a hair transplant procedure has been performed. Whereas, the transplantation process remains the same in almost all the procedures.
For best results, it is always advised by the surgeon to follow all the pre and post op instructions completely and carefully so that the procedure shows maximum results in minimum time.